Saturday, September 7, 2013

Where is your bottleneck ?

How many times I have to say this to customers who are obsessed in accessories and over usage of power conditioner and cables. 

Unfortunately I've came across many users who are willing to spend 4 to 5 figures in accessories but never ever wonder there's a bottleneck in their system. 

Few users I've seen who spent over 100k in power conditioning products from many major brands but never realize the bottleneck is in the speaker that cost only a few K. Although there's no right or wrong in how you setup your system, the tremendous amount spent is somewhat imbalanced. It's almost like having a sports car in a small village road. You literally can't exceed the full potential of the car. 

I've advised few of such customers but ended up getting negative feedback stating I am not good in recommending them "good stuff". 

I do not feel upset but instead I really felt pity for these people. I would never ever recommend a customer something that I know will not help or price vs performance factor in their system. 

As a ISF & THX certified professional, I still get customers who told me they can add a filter in the signal path and get a great quality picture without needing to calibrate the displays. This group of people has been brain washed by dealers who have no intention to tell the truth. 

"It will be different" is the common phrase used in my dealers who try to sell you accessories. They are not lying to you when they said that. "Different" doesn't mean better, it could be better or worse or psychology brain washed you into thinking your system performance has improved. 

Stones can also makes your current system "different" if you placed them in critical spots, would you pay for this stones ? 

So think again next time someone tries to sell you unnecessary products.