Monday, October 26, 2015

The Home Cinema without ATMOS


Many months ago when ATMOS isn't that Hot yet, a customer came for audition in my Kuching Showroom. 

He's hooked onto my setup but I told him not to rush on getting the "electronic" first as I am still researching/testing out new processors. So we confirmed on the speakers (StarkeSound Elite) and Subwoofers (Rythmik). 

Many months had passed and I've tested Denon X7200 and Onkyo 5530 with StarkeSound A7 multi channels amp. The result isn't as great as expected. I was using ADA Rhapsody IV B prior to this and it was way better in terms of sonic & cinematic sounding. The Japs processors are just not right no matter what I've done. It can never match with what I've heard before on my ADA. 

It makes me realized that latest technology isn't always better. You maybe getting more channels & objects with an ATMOS processor and ended spending more but not getting better sound. 

Not until a decent ATMOS processor within budget surfaces, we will be better sticking with old school processor that can both get the work done & producing best sounding system of all time.