Monday, January 12, 2015

The first Dolby Atmos 7.4.4 setup in Malaysia

Those who had been to Dolby atmos cinema in Kuching would probably aware that the effect isn't as distinctive.  

I went for atmos movie at the local cinema and felt disappointed with the discrete atmos channels. Somehow, it's either bad calibration or low grade equipment or it could have been the movie mix (this is very unlikely because a friend concurred with my feeling).

I was busy towards the end of year 2014 with installations which I had promised myself that I wanted to get my atmos demo room ready for everyone. 

But I only managed to get all things set up few days ago. Calibration should take another week to ensure I don't miss out any details and requirement. 

Here's a sneak peak for those who can't join us. 

It's a 160" Acoustic transparent screen by Screen Innovation (Lunar Maestro white 1.1 4K)

Projector is Sony VW500ES 4K projection. 

Preamp is Onkyo5530 (Atmos Capable) and Dual Starke Sound A7 multi channel class A Amp (450@4ohms). 

4 Atmos speakers by Starke Sound IWH1Elite x 4 units. 


All cables from Van Den Hul for the most reliability and quality. 

Fully balanced connections. 

First impression for a pre-calibration audition is already having a better effect than the local cinema Atmos experience. 

I will ensure in a week's time, everything will be well calibrated with even better sounding. Please drop by for an audition. Call 0178089020 to schedule for an appointment.